I realized that I’d backed myself into a scheduling corner. (I hadn’t made any allowance for drying time. Rookie mistake, I know!) So I went back to the studio at 10:00 pm and made three pounds of paper.
Some things I learned: very thin sheets can actually dry in eight hours. Our felts are starting to shed in irksome ways. The third post of the night is very, very wet (I knew this going into it, but there was water everywhere) and it is much more challenging to couch sheets without sliding near the top of that one. (Of course, it was also 3:30 in the morning, so … maybe that had something to do with it.)
I’m pretty sure none of the factory roaches made it into the vat.